HPLC Method Development And Validation For The Simultaneous Estimation Of Levocetirizine And Phenylephrine In Bulk And Pharmaceutical Dosage Form
A simple and precise and accurate analytical method was developed for The Simultaneous Estimation Of Levocetirizine And Phenylephrine In Bulk And Pharmaceutical Dosage Form, the analytical columm Eclipse Plus C18, 4.6 mm × 150 mm, (5 µm) ,Mobile phase consisting of Methanol: Water (50:50 iv/v) was used in isocratic mode. The mobile phase was initially filtered through 0.45μm millipore membrane filter and sonicated for 15 min before use. The flow rate was maintained at 1 mL/min, and the injection volume was 20μL. UV detection was performed at 277 nm, and the separation was achieved at ambient temperature.The retention time Rt in (min)for Levocetirizine and Phenylephrine 3.37 min and 6.40 min respectively . The linearity of the method was determined in the concentration range of 5-25µg/mL for Levocetirizine and 2.5-12.5µg/mL for Phenylephrine.
2. M. Alagar Raja, D. Selva Kumar, A. Rai , Y. Satish Kumar, S. Mishra., "RP-Hplc Method Estimation And Its Validation Of Levocetirizine In Tablet Formulation In Bulk And Pharmaceutical Formulations"., International Journal of Biological & Pharmaceutical Research., Vol.3(1) Pg.No: 1-5, 2012.
3. M.E. Schartz and S. Krull., “Analytical Method Devlopment And Validation”., CRC Press .,1st Edn., Pg.No: i25-46, 2004.
4. in. Pradeep, S. Shanta Kumar, P. Rajesh Kumar., "Analytical Method Development and Validation iof Anti-HIV Drug Levocetirizine"., Journal iof Applied Pharmaceutical Science., Vol. 2,(1), Pg.No: 85-89, 2012.
5. P.D. Sethi., “High performance Liquid Chromatography: Quantitative analysis iof Pharamceutical formulation”., CBS Publication.,1st Edn., Pg.no: 5-11,141, 2001.
6. P.V. Rajesh, C.P. Karunasree, G. Dharmamoorthy, K. Padmini, CH. Sudeer.,"Development And Partial Validation iof The Phenylephrine Drug n Bulk And Solid Dosage Form By Uv-Spectroscopy"., nternational Journal iof Pharmaceutical Development & Technology., Vol.2(1), Pg.No: 15-19, 2012.
7. R. Lewis, A. White, G. Bartlett., "Simultaneous Determination iof Levocitrazine And Zidovudine From Rat Tissues Using Hplc With Ultraviolet Detection"., Journal iof Chromatography B, Vol. 850 Pg.No: 45-52, 2007.
8. R. inageswara Rao, R. Mastan Vali, B. Ramachandra, S. Satyanarayana Raju., "Separation and characterization iof forced degradation products iof Levocetirizine by LC–MS/MS"., Journal iof Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, Vol. 54 Pg.No: 279-285, 2011.
9. R. Venkatamahesh, D. Dhachinamoorthi. "Visible Spectrophotometric determination of Levocetirizine in Bulk Drug and Tablet Dosage Form." International Journal of PharmTech Research 3, no. 1 (2011): 356-359.
10. S.K. Patro, S.R. Swain, V. J. Patro , N. S. K. Choudhury. "Development and Validation of High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method for Determination of Phenylephrine from Pharmaceutical Preparation"., E-Journal of Chemistry., Vol. 7(1) Pg.No: 117-122, 2010.
11. S. Mohidden, G. Vinaykumar, Y. Surendranath, P. Sureshkumar, S. Navaneetha Krishnan., "Validated Rp-Hplc For Simultaneous Estimation Of Levocitrazine And Phenylephrine In Tablet Dosage Form"., International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences., Vol.4(1), Pg.No: 349-355, 2012.
12. S. Surya Rao, I. Khan, G. Srujana Divya , M. Kumar., "Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Estimation of Levocetirizine in Tablet Dosage Form"., Archives of Applied Science Research., Vol.2(3), Pg.No: 23-27, 2010.
13. The United State Pharmacopoeia (USP NF), The offcal Compenda of Standards., Unted States Pharmacopeal Convention., Asian Edn.,Pg. No: 2622-2224, 2004.
14. T. Raja, A. Lakshmana Rao., "Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Levocitrazine, Phenylephrine andZidovudine in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form"., international Journal of PharmTech iResearch., Vol.3(2), Pg.No: 852-857, 2011.
15. T. Sudha, V.R. Ravikumar P.V. Hemalatha., "Validated Hptlc Method For Simultaneous Determination ofPhenylephrine And Levocetirizine n Tablet Dosage Form"., international Journal of Pharmaceutcial Scineces and Research., Vol.1(11) Pg.No: 107-111, 2011.
16. T. Sudha, J. Saminathan, K. Anusha, M. Keerth, Y. Bhargavi, V. Ganesan., "Simultaneous U.V. Spectrophotometric Estimation ofPhenylephrine And Levocetirizine in Bulk And in Tablet Dosage Form"., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research., Vol.2(5), Pg.No: 45-51, 2010.
17. V. Singh, L.K. Nath, N.R. Pani., "Development And Validation Of Analytical Method For The Estimation Of Phenylephrine In Rabbit Plasma"., Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis., Vol.1(4), Pg.No: 251-257, 2011.
18. V.P. Devmurari., "Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Determination Of Phenylephrine And Levocitrazine In The Mixture"., International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research., Vol.1(7) Pg.No: 82-86, 2010.
19. W. James, M. Robinson Eileen Skelly Frame, M. George Frame., "Undergraduate Instrumental Analysis”., Marcel Dekker,Inc., 6th Edn, Pg.No: 1-3, 2009.
20. Y. Alnouti, C.A. White, M.G. Bartlett., "Determination Of Phenylephrine In Plasma, Amniotic Fluid, And Rat Tissues By Liquid Chromatography"., Journal of Chromatography B, Pg.No: 803 Pg.No: 279-284, 2004.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).